I spent 2 grueling (ah, I mean, fun and wonderful!) days helping my girlie Chanel clear out her closet. Chanel is a shopping fiend who never throws anything away. I mean, anything.
I’m not trying to date her, but I will tell you that she still has 5 sweatshirts with the neckline ripped out in one of her dressers and she was not amused when I danced around her singing “Oh, what a feeeeeling!” (If you do not understand this reference, please don’t tell me. It will only depress me further.)
On the bright side, now that we have cleared out 30 years of fashion debris, Chanel has an amazing selection to choose from to build new Fall looks. And the best part? You likely have the makings of a unbelievably stylish Fall wardrobe ready to go with your basic pieces. Take a look:
10 Great New Fall Styles You’ll Find In Your Own Closet:
1. Long tunic style sweaters
2. Slouchy sweatshirt material tops.
3. Matching scarves and sweaters–like shades in lovely cashmeres, thin knits and cottons.
4. Leather pants. Don’t lie to me. None of us got rid of them.
5. Lace dresses and skirts, layered over tights and combined with leather.
6. Dolman-sleeve sweaters. Remember when we bought 3,006 of them 3 years ago? They’re back.
7. Cord jeans and boyfriend cardigans.
8. “Schoolmarm” skirts and lace-up shoes. Pair with tights and a simple t-shirt.
9. Boots and tights! Boots and tights and boot socks! Yay! 5 years running now!