5 Basic Tips For Starting Your Organization Plan
It’s all very well to say–“hey! I’d really like to be organized!”
I don’t have to sell you on the merits of Organization. We are Smart Monkeys. We know our lives will run more smoothly, give us time for what really matters. But simply getting started can be truly overwhelming. So, let’s start here.
5 Basic Tips For Starting Your Organization Plan:
1. Everything in its place. If you just followed one tip on this list, this would be it. So how do you do it? It’s simple. For everything that you own, designate a place for it. You can even label some of those places, to make it easier to remember. Find something that doesn’t have a place? Designate a place for it. Then simply put things back where they belong when you’re done using them. It sounds simple, but it actually takes a lot of practice to get this habit down.
2. Create routines. One of the best ways to keep your life organized is to make routines for everything — for errands, laundry, finances, etc.
3. Clean as you go. This is a great habit … instead of having big cleaning binges, clean things as you go. Done using some dishes? Wash them right away. Clean the toilet when you finish using it, so it never gets dirty.
4. Put it away now. Done using something? Most people will put it down somewhere nearby, with the intention of putting it away later. Instead of letting things pile up, put them away immediately. Right now, no exceptions.
5. Use an inbox, and empty it. Instead of having papers all over the place, have one inbox for all incoming papers. Well, one for your office, and one for your home. Now you’ll never lose a piece of paper again. Empty it regularly–whether that’s daily, weekly…whatever you can commit to.
Need more sage advice: read the full article at Obsessive-Compulsive’s Guide