5 Clever Winter Life Hacks: Because Warm & Dry Is All That Matters
At least, according to my toddler Zoe and The Todd, who will both shriek with the velocity of a tea kettle when cold and damp. Here’s five handy life hacks for winter. Behold the Awesome…
5 Clever Winter Life Hacks
1. All I can say is…don’t knock it ’till you’ve tried it.
2. Prevent an icy windshield with this Evil Genius: a spray bottle with 1 part water and 3 parts vinegar (white is the best option). Spray liberally on windshield, back, and side glass before bed and squegee or wipe residue off. The glass will be blissfully clear in the AM. This trick still works once your car is iced-up: just spray the mixture and your windshield wipers will do the rest in a much shorter time.
3. Shoveling snow? Spray the blade with a silicone-based lubricant to help prevent snow from sticking.
4. Dry boots without the puddles. Plus, it looks pretty! Cheap river rock bought in bulk from a hardware store and cookie sheets.
5. Cut out wool insoles for extra warmth without messing up the fit of your shoes and boots.
Photo credits and some ideas courtesy of Buzzfeed—head over for more great life hacks in this series.