Yay, new Fall sweaters!
I love the idea of sweaters, especially the big sloppy ones that bury you and hang down over your hips, drape down your fingers…right until I look in the mirror and I’m not sure if it’s me or my Uncle Bernaurd (a hearty, ski sweater wearing guy that says “heh!” a lot.) I like Uncle Bernaurd, but he outweighs me by 55 pounds.
Finally, my fashion-savvy girlie Sheila explained that anyone can wear any new style, you just have to modify it for your body type. Sort of like this…
5 Fall Styles That Take 5 Pounds Off Your Look
1. Jean Jacket & Maxi Skirt: wear a tapered waist jean jacket and darker accessories that pull the eye up and down. Borrowing your brother’s jean jacket will add an extra 10 pounds.
2. Big Shirt, Leggings & Combat Boots: use a thin-knit shirt instead of a bulky flannel and use an eye-catching scarf or accessory for the neckline.
3. Sheath Dress With Belted Cardigan: I looove sheath dresses, they cover a multitude of lumps. To whittle the waist, add a thin belt–not chunky–and a slim knit cardigan, not one of the bulky woolen ones.
4. Animal Prints: a big ol’ black and white tiger cape or full on leopard dress makes anyone gigantic. I don’t care. Unless you’re Miranda Kerr, in which case we hate you. Use the animal print accents in accessories: scarves, purses, belts and shoes.
5. Adorable Tweed Jackets: tweed jackets are more feminine-style this Fall, which makes finding a flattering cut easier. Pair a bulkier jacket over slim fit jeans or leggings and a thin, light shirt.