My Zachie came home from school today and dropped his backpack on my desk.
“You’re killing me. Applesauce and cheese sticks again?”
I cringed. “What do you want from me? It’s like, week 3 of school!”
The boy has a point–little drama queen!–but it’s right about now that I lose inspiration for brown bag lunches. To save us all, here’s 5 fresh ideas you likely haven’t tried yet. They’ll taken between 5 and 10 minutes, usually involve leftovers and don’t require ingredients that require you to run to the grocery store in your pajamas to find.
1. Turkey-Caesar Sandwich: get the recipe here.
2. Chicken Salad and Havarti Cheese Wrap: get the recipe here.
3. Roasted Pork Club w/ Scallion Mayonnaise: get the recipe here.
4. Crisp Tofu Sandwich w/ Peanut Ginger Sauce: get the recipe here. (Editor’s note: I say this as one who hates tofu with a deep, seething passion. It’s freaking delicious.)
5. Mediterranean Chicken Wrap: get the recipe here.
Find more recipes like these from Martha Stewart by clicking here.