I’m trying to keep a couple of weeks ahead on brown bag lunch plans–just for my sanity.
The twins are gluten-free, so my job is to make sure their brown bag lunches are even more appealing than anything school lunch can come up with. Zachie and MacLean are such good kids, but it’s tempting to switch if a buddy has something that looks good. The gut issues that follow are not worth it–but that’s hard to remember at 13.
Take a look and see if these look good to you…these ideas and photos come courtesy of the SimpleAsThat.com blog.
5 More Days Of Brown Bag Lunch Ideas:
1. Sandwich Stackers. Anything on a toothpick is cool. 🙂 I’m getting fond of using cupcake liners for messier foods, just to keep everything neat and speed cleanup after.
2. Meat, cheese and veggie wraps. Easy to eat, and even easier to slide some grated veggies or thin cucumber slices in the wrap. Anything to get veggies into their diet.
3. Pizza Buns: I converted this recipe into a gluten-free one with an easy rice flour dough. They can be made in advance and frozen easily for one of those last-ditch lunch ideas. Find the recipe here.
4. Monster Man Sandwiches: cookie cutters are my favorite new toy for making lunches–cheese stars…butterfly melons…and monster man sandwiches. (Editor’s note: a gingerbread man cookie cutter with scary olive and pepper slice eyes.) Find every kind of cookie cutter at your local dollar store.
5. Tuna or chicken dippers: the healthy take on the Lunchables. Chicken or tuna salad with crackers, cheese and other stackables.