Got this absolutely exquisite dish from the beloved Bakerella girls. If you haven’t had their cupcakes, you must put aside any other ambition and make it your life’s work to consume one.
Baked Banana French Toast Cups
1 small loaf french bread
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large banana
6 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
- Coat six 4 oz. ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Cut french bread into 18 slices. Cut them about 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick. Make sure three will fit in each dish easily.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until blended.
- Place sliced bread in bowl to coat.
- Place three slices of bread into each dish.
- Cut banana into 12 or more slices. Coat slices with mixture and then dip coated bananas in 2 tablespoons brown sugar and stuff in between bread.
- Transfer dishes to a baking sheet. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, mix together remaining 4 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle over bread.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- Makes six.