Chocolate Lovers! Chocolate Lasagna! You Heard Me…there IS such a thing! I’ll be honest. I’m not a big chocolate person, which is probably the only reason I can still fit through a doorway. But at Chez Collard, a new chocolate dessert is greeted with the same anticipation as…like Christmas or winning the lottery. But knowing that there IS such a thing as Chocolate Lasagna, I knew it had to be tackled. It was magnificent, so I had to share.
What is our mantra here at the Todd and Erin Favorite Five? If a slacker like Erin can do it, ANYONE can!! So, here you go…
Luscious Chocolate Lasagna
- 36 Oreo cookies (be sure to get the regular, not the double stuffed kind)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3¼ cups cold milk, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz tub Cool Whip
- 2 – 4 oz packages chocolate instant pudding mix
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs, I use a food processor, but bagging the cookies and beating them into a crumbly submission works, too. Make sure there are no large chunks left.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter into cookie crumbs using a fork. Transfer the well-mixed crumb and butter mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs down into the bottom of the baking dish to form a nice, even layer. Put the baking dish in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with an electric beater until fluffy. Add the 2 tablespoons of cold milk and sugar and mix well. Use a spoon to mix in 1¼ cups of the Cool Whip. Spread cream cheese mixture over cookie crust. Return baking dish to refrigerator and let chill for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together chocolate instant pudding and 3¼ cups cold milk with an electric mixer or whisk until the pudding starts to thicken. Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer. Return baking dish to refrigerator and let chill for 10 more minutes.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top. For whatever reason, I was feeling ambitious and peeled chocolate curls for the top instead. I don’t know if it tasted differently, but it looked very pretty.
- Chill in fridge for 4 hours or freezer for 1 hour.