I was actually shocked to get a plaintive email from Karen yesterday, asking why we’ve not posted any recipes lately. Since the only think I understand about the kitchen is that’s where we keep the wine, I didn’t really think you came to me for culinary inspiration. Then I remembered that The Todd is actually on fire right now with some new recipes. So, here you go.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
My MacLeanie informed me that this was “the best of breakfast without all that omlet crap.” So, there’s Ringing Endorsement #1
1/3 cup oil
¾ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup sour cream
Vanilla Cake Mix (not white cake mix)
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
(There used to be cereal pieces in the batter, but that has been removed due to comments saying it’s better without it)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Buttercream:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder
(Crush the cereal in a bag and then sift out 2/3 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with 20-22 cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
3. Mix in sour cream.
4. Add cake mix and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Buttercream: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Adjust the consistency using milk if it is too thick.
7. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and Cinnamon Toast Crunch squares.