Sorry, Forever 21 just isn’t my store.
I like some of the clothes, I’m just uncomfortable reaching for the same shirt as a girl the age as my twins. But there’s great ways to wear some of the hip new looks for Fall without looking like you’re Trying Too Hard. (Editor’s note: my girlies over 30 know what I mean here.)
Take a look below and get some inspiration for looking effortlessly hip…without looking like your High Schooler.
Five Hip Fall Looks:
1. Neutral pieces topped with a nice searing color–corals, reds, oranges–in a blazer or scarf
2. Tailored vintage pieces–like the jacket–with a gauzy romantic skirt.
3. Yes, you CAN get away with the knee or thigh-high boots. Pair with a conservative sweater dress and cute accents like the boot socks. NO, you do not look like Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman.”
4. Pair neutrals like blue jeans and boots with sophisticated colors in blazers, sweaters and scarves.
5. Guess what? Women over 30 look dangerously hot in leather, especially when pair with a long tailored blazer and matching boots to streamline the look.