“I Did Not Know That!” 5 Brilliant Parent Tips & Tricks. Surviving the brutal jungle of Parenthood is a constant battle of Us against Them.
Sure, they look sweet. They’re so small, you could push ’em right over!
But you’re wrong. Underestimate your offspring at your peril. Their clever little minds are stewing with new plans for World Domination as we speak. (“If I trip Mom down the stairs, does that mean an extra 10 minutes of TV time before she regains consciousness?”)
So, to help us in the Parenting battle, here’s…
5 Brilliant “I Did Not Know That!” Parenting Tips & Tricks:
1. Bad handwriting? Send them out to the monkey bars. (For more info on how upper body strength impacts fine motor skills, click here.)
2. Teach them to pick up their juice box by the flaps: no more squeezing pouches and boxes and spraying juice everywhere.
3. Put rainbow-colored sprinkles on everything. I’m not kidding. All three of my kids will drink the most spinach-intensive smoothie if there’s rainbow colored sprinkles on top. Worried about additives? Click here for a home made, organic rainbow sprinkles recipe.
4. Need a place to stash the kid while you’re doing something crucial close by? Make a hammock with a blanket tied around a table.
5. To stop nighttime coughing, rub Vapor-Rub on their feet and cover with socks. Read more about this strangely non-scientific phenomenon here.
Ready for more brilliant parenting ideas? Click here for Buzzfeed.