I Did Not Know That, Either! 5 More Fast Fixes For Everyday Problems. Back to admitting my ignorance and letting another, more clever soul to solve my everyday petty annoyances. You with me?
1. I don’t think I have ever ONCE hung a picture frame evenly. For picture frames with two holes, hang them evenly and easily by placing a single strip of masking tape over the back covering the two holes. Mark each end of the tape where the holes are located for hanging the frame. Take the tape off and place it on your wall. Make sure it is level then hammer a nail in at each pen mark. Go to Adventures in Creating for the entire step by step tutorial.
2. If you can’t find a shower curtain to match your bathroom style (in most cases I can only find solid black, brown, white and blue or really scary bright colors) try looking in the regular curtain section. Using this tip from SAS Interiors. You can turn any curtain into a shower curtain.
3. I do this all THE FREAKING TIME! Tired of shrinking sweaters or ruining shirts because you accidentally threw them in the dryer? Keep a dry erase marker in your laundry room. Use the marker to write notes on your washing machine (i.e. Do not dry red blouse!) Editor’s note: no, the sign above does not make sense for this suggestion. But I saw it in a Haitian restroom once while we were there on a humanitarian mission. They were serious.
4. You CAN fix a broken zipper!! Just take the stopper and zipper off re-arrange the teeth, then put you zipper back on. Use a needle and thick thread to make a new stopper. I wish I would have found this tutorial years ago. I could have saved so many coats and backpacks!
5. Ever spill nail polish on your floor? There’s a great post Here on how to remove nail polish from wood, cloth, hair, and carpet.