Summer Sublime: Pesto Grilled Shrimp. Man, I love Costco.
I’ll go in for cheap bulk toilet tissue and paper towels and stagger out with 6 year’s worth of shrimp.
“What are you going to do with all that shrimp?” my sister Jenne eyed my mountain of frozen crustaceans.
“I didn’t get that far,” I confessed. “I figure it’s going to be like Bubba said in Forest Gump: grilled shrimp…boiled shrimp…”
Jenne clenched her teeth. “Shut. UP!”
I knew it would drive her crazy and thus end the conversation, but I still have 8,009 shrimp clogging my freezer. This is my favorite new recipe. It’s easy, it’s a food on a stick, and it’s low calorie. I win!
Pesto Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinate Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Pulse the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Marinate the shrimp in the pesto for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Find this recipe and more at Closet Cooking.com