The Smokey Eye–Step By Step Directions. Ready to try out a new Night Face? Most of us have the standard go-to makeup look we use for every day, but there’s something about the holiday season that makes me want to sparkle a little more.
This is not something I excel in. Frankly, I suck at makeup. And my “smokey eye” look is a lot more like the picture above. Every time I do have a professional work on my face, I try to get some tips and ideas. The wonderful Carmella showed me how to try the toughest look of all:
Behold the infamous Smokey Eye! Here’s a picture by picture tutorial…
The Smoky Eye Tutorial:
- Using black or brown eyeliner, line upper lid and crease. Angle the eyelid line up to meet the corner of the crease line, fill in the narrow triangle between.
- Fill in both lines a little more to balance.
- Run highlighter over brow bone.
- Brush beige or nude eyeshadow over lid and just under line on lower lid.
- Layer highlighter from corner of eye on upper lid to crease line.
- BLEND. A LOT.
- Add fake lashes, individual ones are easier to handle, just do a few at the corners of the eye if it seems like too much work.
I’ll post pictures of MY Night Face if you post pictures of yours…