After the Christmas Advent Disaster, I know better than to forget a SINGLE DAY and disappoint our three year old Zoe. I love the look of these advent calendars for Valentine’s Day, and it’s a great way to keep the kids busy and excited.
DIY Valentine’s Day Advent Calendars
1. Love this idea from Makoodle.com, using a magnetic board and tins. Pick up the tins at IKEA (10 for $5.00 at mine) and customise with a cute top from fabric, scrapbook paper, etc. The tins have a little more room, which I need to store treats for 3 kiddos.
2. Lifeisaparty.ca has a simple template the kids can make: brown paper bags decorated with doilies and pinned to a pretty length of ribbon with gussied-up clothespins.
3. Love the look of this as a decoration as well–pretty cloth bags tied with tags and hung on a simple white wire heart. The bags are an easy stitch on the sewing machine and the whole thing took my girlie Carlie less than an hour.
4. My personal favorite: a wooden organzing box (mine’s from IKEA for $5.99) and decoupaged with pretty papers and images on each box front.
5. I’m trying this as a personal advent calendar for The Todd: each envelope opens to a love note and a kiss coupons.