Your Complete “Fall Cleaning” Checklist. I stumbled across this excellent deep cleaning checklist–very handy because I actually do my major “Spring Cleaning” in the Fall. Before the debris of our lives gets dragged back into the house after the warmth of summer, I try to make every room as clean and spare as possible. It’s easier to open all the windows in Fall too to thoroughly air out the house. Here’s a sample list for the kitchen:
- Open windows.
- Remove and clean window coverings. Click here for instructions on cleaning mini blinds.
- For each cabinet or drawer: Remove items, wipe out drawer, place items back neatly. Donate unneeded items.
- Wash and sanitize cutting boards
- Sharpen knives
- Wash cabinet doors and knobs
- Clean and organize pantry. Check food expiry dates.
- Clean oven.
- Clean stove top. Remove elements and drip bowls, if applicable, wash and put back.
- Clean and organize fridge and freezer. Defrost freezer, if necessary. Check food expiry dates.
- Clean under fridge and stove.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Clean microwave.
- Clean crumbs out of toaster.
- Clean and descale kettle.
- Wipe down any other counter appliances
- wash counters and back splash.
- Wash and shine sink. Shine faucet. Clean drain.
- Clean Dishwasher.
- Dust light fixtures.
- Wash windows and window sills. Remove window screens and wash.
- Wash switch plates.
- Wash walls and trim.
- Wash doors and door knobs.
- Wash floor registers and other vent covers
- Sweep and wash floor.
- Reseal grout lines, if necessary.
Click here for the complete Deep Cleaning Checklist from The Complete Guide To Imperfect Homemaking